Sunday, June 14, 2020

Stranded on the Winding Dirt Road/Sheriff Fred's Niece

Stranded on the Winding Dirt Road

Oh Dear Ole Sheriff Fred, 

You just wouldn't believe the day I had today.  I sure could have used your rescuin'.I know if you would've been in town, you would have gotten me out of that pickle faster than a prairie fire with a tail wind. It started like this, I was out with all the youngin's, ridin' along in our horse drawn carriage. 

The road to lil' LiliAnne and Clare's teacher was blocked so we had to take the long, winding road. I'd been a while since I last had fed my horse, you know I'm so busy an' all with the lil' ones. I figured he could make it that last mile, and then I'd get around to  feeding him. Well, I guess I went and pushed that horse a lil' too hard this time because that horse stopped dead in its tracks right as I was making my turn back onto the main road. 

You know how fast those wild cowboys ride down that road too. So here I am, with all the kids, and our carriage is blockin' half the road. Those cowboys passing' through sure were cross at me for the inconvenience of having to ride around us! 

Happy ending to this story though...God sent us a dear ole Good Samaritan, named Steven. He didn't have any food to feed my horse with him so he rode as fast as he could down to the nearest town to pick up a lil' meal for my horse. When he got back, he went right to try in' to feed my troublesome horse, and would you believe that that pesky horse kept spittin' out the food at first! Well, after some time we managed to get him to eat just enough to get him to inch his way out of blocking the road. 

Finally, he perked up, I convinced him to eat until he had his fill and then away we went. Please pray for that Good Samaritan named Steven. It sure could have been worse.


Based on a true story

No comments: