Saturday, July 11, 2020

Sheriff Fred and the Lion



On Jul 1, 2020 at 11:01 PM, <Mrtnzfred> wrote:
Bear,

The Sheriff who doesn't work well with this new fangled computers and can't find your blog by Googling. Can you send a link for a lawman who can't think his way out of paper bag?

So, we all can use the emails as background to the bite on Biden tale?

I'd done right be happy to post your Bear eats Biden, but can only find your Facebook page. 

The bumbling Sheriff is always like his skinny friend from Gillian's Island glad to insert himself into another person's world so long he can talk.

The Sheriff is already investigated a eating of a certain horse of the Lone Ranger. He suspects that a bear may have eaten Silver and may possibly be a talking bear. The Sheriff once knew a talking horse who talked his way out of being by a bear, but that's a story for another day.

Bear might you help the Sheriff with your detective and lawyering mastermind abilities on a more pressing case, at the moment, of a bear's verbal attack on Joe Biden. We have to find that bear and have him join our investigation of who is the villainous mastermind behind Biden.

Who better to take a bite outta crime than a bear.




eh, Bears are pretty security conscious what with being shot at and such, so I’d feel freer if the emails were background. You’ll find a little more background in the latest post wherein the Bear rips Joe Biden’s jawbone off and beats him with it.

Bears are not usually political but the Bear realizes how stupid most people are. 

It’s tough for me to insert myself into some other person’s world. Is this present day? A good introduction could have the Sheriff investigating a series of horse killings and tracking down a ferocious Bear... you can take it from there however you want, but the Bear does talk, after all. They could reach whatever agreement you like, perhaps deputizing him until his pay provides restitution... of course, the Bear also happens to be a lawyer... he could really annoy the Sheriff! Of course townsfolk might not cotton to a Bear, especially a horse-killing Bear.



On Jul 1, 2020 at 12:02 AM, <Mrtnzfred> wrote:
Bear,

You got the Sheriff chuckling so hard that he fall off his horse.

This all is great stuff. Can I get your permission to post our emails? When I get a chance sometime I'll do a book review. If you give me your address, I'll send you my book.

Adios as my good friend John Wayne would say.


My address is : 184 Florence St, Sunnyvale Ca. 94086. 



Okay, Sheriff, I’ll see what I can come up with. In fact, it’s hard to say what nationality the Bear is, since things weren’t as they are today. “Alpine,” probably Italian. But he spent a lot of time in Germany. He has always been dragged into conflicts (who doesn’t want a Bear on their side?) starting with the 8th Century, when he was credited with saving Rome. He also was awarded the Iron Cross (Second Class) in WWI, but was then declared a Hero of the Bolshevik Revolution. Boy, was that a big misunderstanding. He maintains close ties with Russia, though, because they love Bears and have gotten him out of some jams.

A German Bear? It would be hard to argue against that. After all, the Bear’s image is all over Freising, and the Freising-Munich Coat of Arms. But he’s an American citizen now, for sure, with the documents to prove it!

But the Bear tries to remember that countries come and go while the Bear abides. It’s sad.

Send me your mailing address and I’ll send you a copy of the Bear’s Lenten Companion. It has 40 short stories featuring the Bear, although he was just a cub way back then, still with St. Corbinian.



On Jun 30, 2020 at 1:11 AM, <Mrtnzfred> wrote:
St. Corbinians Bear,

Ole Sheriff Fred would ride off into the sunset with Silver except the Lone Ranger was mad as a wet rooster. He told me that you went and indulged in your weakness for horseflesh. It looks like I gotta walk off into the sunset.

But, you don't get out of joining the posse that easy. I here do deputized you as part of my here posse. The Sheriff does bear firearms, but you don't have to worry because he is world famous for being the slowest draw in the West. 

Nothing handy. If you could just throw together your clever humorous Bear stuff about why the Bear was gone and why he is returning. I know for a fact you're loved and missed. I think as people hear you're back you'll get them back as well as new fans.

My style in journalistic commentary is straight evidence commentary. But, I do the devotional when I am inspired which is important. I have been told by readers they like my two Sheriff Fred pieces because they need a little comedy relief because times are so dark. Besides I that, I just like having some fun. My comedy is pure ridiculousness, but your humor is light and yet insightful. If we did something with the Bear and the Sheriff it would be St. Corbinians Bear who would be the hero and SF the sidekick comedy relief. You would write the story and I would contribute some Sheriff dialogue unless you want pure ridiculousness. I am going to study the Fr. Brown stories and see if I can actually write something like that. 

What was the style of your book?

The emails between the Bear and the Sheriff are fun. Can I post them cutting out the serious stuff as letters between the two characters.

No rush. Everything you do is good. Put together something that only you can do Bear funny yet deep and give me a link that I can copy and paste. 

Fred Martinez aka Sheriff Fred

PS Check out the Open Letter to Taylor Marshall comment section. The Bear was just got slandered. The Bear is an all-American bear, but some guy just claimed he is a German bear.


Sheriff Fred,

Filling out a posse wouldn’t the strangest thing the Bear has done in 1320 years. Spent a lot of time out west to blend in, you know, but there are surprisingly few Bears in Dodge City and Tombstone and such. Also, firearms make the Bear nervous.

I hadn’t really considered this a “news release” worthy event, so haven’t given it much thought. What’s your style? Any go-byes handy? Will be more than happy to see the Bear’s hitherto unsung adventures in the Wild West finally get the attention they deserve.

You should be warned: the Bear has a weakness for horseflesh. 

In the meantime, you can find me hiding out at stcorbiniansbear.blogspot.com .

Timothy Capps.
The Bear


On Jun 28, 2020 at 6:08 PM, <Mrtnzfred> wrote:


A good friend and fan of yours who once won one of your contests just emailed me "Woo hoo! Best news EVAH" upon the news that the Bear's demise was greatly exaggerated.

Now, Bear let's get down to bass tacks in the Matt Dillion salon and restaurant as Sheriff Fred always says.

Can you send me a link and can you send me, as we said in the Old West days of 2008 when we was young whippersappers, a press release or copy as only the one and only great St. Corbinians Bear can do? I'll add an intro to the post and send to my three Old West media/blog email lists including my A list. Cowboys have to stay up-to-date you-all know.

If the Catholic Monitor helped bring back the Bear that surely means a little time out of Purgatory was wiped out for the Sheriff.

BTW, might the Bear be willing to join Fr. Brown and his side kick Sheriff Fred in one of their new detective mystery adventures?

As I ride off into the sunset, hi ho silver,

Sheriff Fred



On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 1:52 PM Fred Martinez <fredmartinez573@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 12:39 PM St Bear <st.corbinians.bear@gmail.com> wrote:
Whatever you feel moved to do, Frank. Just an announcement in passing with a link would hit some of my old readers who follow you.

Honestly, it was your exposure of my post that convinced me the Bear still had a mission.

At 12 a.m. the Bear has something very special scheduled to launch at Jorge Bergoglio on the feast of SS Peter and Paul.

Ursine best wishes
The Bear


On Jun 28, 2020 at 10:37 AM, <Fred Martinez> wrote:
Hi Tim,

I love you stuff. What do have in mind? 

Fred

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 3:50 PM St Bear <st.corbinians.bear@gmail.com> wrote:

If you think it’s a worthy cause, please send some traffic my way.

The Bear

No comments: